BOOKS & MAGAZINES
- Adoptive Families Magazine - this is an award winning national adoption magazine. It is packed full of the latest adoption news and stories. We have enjoyed reading it since 2006.
- Adoption: Choosing It, Living It, Loving It; Straight Answers to Heartfelt Questionsby Dr.Ray Guarendi. This is a great book about adoption from someone who has dealt with infertility and went on to adopt 10 kids!
- Adoption: Your Step By Step Guideby Mardie Caldwell, the founder of Lifetime Adoption. This book offers practical, easy to follow guidelines to help you on your adoption journey.
- Your Sacred Adoption: A Guided Journal of Life, Love and Memories This is an excellent adoption journal that you can fill out during your adoption process.
- Secret Thoughts of An Adoptive Mother by Jana Wolff. This is a great book describing the emotions felt during and after the adoption process.
- Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption by Julie Gumm. She has been featured on The Dave Ramsey Show with her book that will help you fund your adoption with a bunch of creative ideas.
- Tell Me Again About The Night I Was Born by Jamie Lee Curtis. This is a great story about adoption and the importance of a loving family.
- Adoption Nation by Adam Pertman. This book is a must read for adoptive families about the past, present, and future of adoption.
ADOPTION HELP & RESOURCE SITES
- Pear-now.org - Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform. Their mission is to provide resources and a voice for adoptive parents. They have a great PDF printable guide to researching U.S. adoption agencies.
- LifetimeAdoption.com - an adoption facilitator based out of California that we have personally used to adopt our daughter. Their christian mission is to bring birthmothers and adoptive families together.
- HelpUsAdopt.org - this is a non-profit financial assistance grant program providing qualified couples with grants of up to $15,000 towards their adoption expenses.
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys - The Academy is the largest and most accessible resource for finding an adoption attorney.
- Childwelfare.gov - this is the government website that answers adoption questions as they pertain to your state.
- AdoptionAgencyRatings.com - This is a site that provides ratings from adoptive families, birthmothers, etc.
- ICPC (Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children). These are the rules that make sure children are properly placed when adoption occurs between states (eg. the baby is born in a different state than where you live.)
- NACAC -North American Council on Adoptable Children – focuses on parent education and information sharing along with adoption support.
ADOPTION BLOGS & PROFILE SERVICES
- ParentProfiles.com - a unique environment created for birthmothers and hopeful adoptive parents to find each other, establish relationships, and create adoption situations that meet the needs of everyone.
- For The Love of Alex: A Birthmother’s Story - this is an awesome blog from a birthmother telling her story over several blog posts.
- HopingToAdopt.org - this is a FREE adoption profile listing service. You can also order adoption pass along cards and they can help set you up with a Facebook page.
- MomAtLast.com - a place to share your journey to motherhood and to meet others who are on their journey.
- Adoptive Family Circle - This is one of the best adoption forums on the web. A lot of support and good information from people that are going through the same process as you.
- Adoption Voices - An adoption social network/forum with options to tweet, read adoption news, and more.
I trust that you know I would never recommend a product or service unless I was completely convinced that it is worth your consideration. As a means of full disclosure, please note that I have affiliate relationships with some of the products/services listed on this page. If you purchase any of these products/services, I may earn a small commission.